(MC) Multi Combination Truck Licence

An MC Truck Licence or also known as Multi Combination Truck Licence in NSW, covers you to drive trucks with more than one trailer. This includes:

  • B-Doubles
  • Road trains
  • Prime mover, low loader dolly and low loader trailer combinations

Multi-Combination MC Truck Licence

It is a logical step to obtain your HC Licence and get some experience with 1 trailer before moving on to your Multi Combination. Insurance companies and ethical employers prefer this. Plus, you are not put in a position of driving an MC vehicle without the required confidence and ability.

Book Now Banner

To apply for an MC Truck Licence, you have to;

  • Have held a HR or HC Licence, or equivalent for 12 months or more. If some of this time is on a P2 HR, then that time counts, but you can’t upgrade or practice MC driving until you hold a full licence.
  • Complete the 3 steps below to be eligible for your HC licence with the RMS;
    1. Complete and pass the MC driver knowledge test with the RMS and Eyesight test
    2. Pass the on road MC Licence practical  with Core Driving School
    3. Pass a MC competency assessment (HVCBA) (test) with Core Driving School
  • Ensure you have a medical certificate for the class of licence you are applying for, if you currently have a medical condition on your licence

Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment for getting your MC Truck Licence (HVCBA)

To get a heavy vehicle licence in NSW you need to complete a Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment known as a HVCBA. These assessments are completed here at Core Driving School. The Roads and Maritime Services discuss HVCBA here.

Please note:
If you currently hold an HR or HC Licence, you may also be eligible for your MC (Multi Combination) truck licence, if you have held your HR or HC licence for at least 12 months. An MC is a vehicle towing more than 1 trailer.

You can book your course now using the Book Now button below.

MC Truck Licence

MC Truck Licence