Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA)

Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA)

Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA), here is a list of the most important points about HVCBA. These points are explained in detail in your learner guide books or the RMS website as well.

  • You can choose the Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
  • You can choose to learn and be assessed in your own vehicle.
  • You should keep your log book at all times until you have received your certificate of competency.
  • You arrange appointment times directly with the RTO assessor that you choose.
  • You can change RTOs and assessors at any time.
  • you do not have to take a driving test.

Under the Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment HVCBA you will be given credit for all skills also known as criteria’s that are performed correctly. Once all of the required criterias have been recorded as correctly completedd, you can undertake a final competency assessment to achieve the award of a certificate of competence in the particular licence class you are being assessed for.

Once you successfully completed all criteria will be recorded in your Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment HVCBA Learner log book.

Your log book is your record of progress. Do not let your assessor or anyone else keep your log book as it has been issued to you… NOTE: at the completion of your assessments your logbook will be kept by the RTO.

It is highly recommended that you carefully read the Heavy Vehicle Driver Handbook before you start the Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment HVCBA. This is because the road rules may have changed since you last learnt to drive. Handbooks are available on the RMS website or for a fee from any registry.

You may be trained and be taught how to drive a truck by..

  • A family member.
  • A friend.
  • A licensed driving instructor.
  • An accredited assessor.

Whoever teaches you must hold the class of licence for the heavy vehicle to be driven, or the higher class of driver licence for one year or more. You must not pay anybody to teach you unless they hold a current NSW driving instructor’s licence of the same class, or a higher class you wish to attain, and they have to present it to you for identification.

You may also learn with an RTO assessor. All assessors are also driving instructors. Assessors must have their instructors licence card on them at all times during training and assessments.

Core Truck Driving School is an Nationally Accredited Registered Training Organisation. At Core we adhere by ASQA and RMS standards and regulations, we take safety very serious and our training program evolves 1-on-1 quality educational Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment HVCBA and other training evolving trucks.

For more information on how you can get your HVCBA course started please contact us via www.coredrivingschool.com.au or call 1800 00 CORE.