Heavy Rigid Truck Licence vehicles include:
- 1 Trucks and buses with a GVM more than 8 tonnes, and 3 or more axles.
- 2 Any towed trailer must not weigh more than 9 tonnes GVM.
- 3 Bendy buses. Even though these vehicles are articulated, they’re treated as rigid vehicles.
To apply for a Heavy Rigid Licence, you must:
- Have held a class C licence, (except a Learner licence) or equivalent for two years or more. Any time you’ve spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can’t practice to drive an HR vehicle, or upgrade to an HR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence
- Pass the HR knowledge test
- Pass an eyesight test
HR licence or also known as the Heavy Rigid licence, is one of the most popular heavy vehicle training course Australians are going for. With 3 easy steps you too can get your heavy vehicle licence upgrade.
Core Truck Driving School is an RMS Accredited heavy vehicle training and assessment provider. Covering the areas of Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast, Penrith, Campbelltown and Wollongong.
Our heavy rigid licence course is conducted 7 days a week. To suit your schedule we have flexible training hours. As a professional heavy vehicle truck training School, we educate young truck drivers the principles of handling a heavy vehicle safely and competently.
At Core Truck Driving School we deliver high standards of truck training. Ensuring all students understand the fundamentals of handling a heavy rigid (HR) vehicle safely.
Providing professional one-on-one training for up to 15 criteria’s, to assure the student has learned the fundamental skills that every capable truck driver needs, as well as safe operation of heavy vehicles and defensive driving capabilities.
You can book your course now using the Book Now button below.