Flexible Learning Options

In a world that never seems to slow down, flexible learning options are becoming an increasingly valued resource so if you are in the wider Sydney region and are looking to get your MR Licence (Medium Rigid) or HR Licence (Heavy Rigid), then there has never been a better time to go for it. Getting time off work in any profession can be hard, especially if you are a casual staff member and rely on those hours for income, which is why at Core Driving School we make sure that we cater to everybody … [Read more...]

The Pros of Gaining Your HR Licence

Upskilling and diversifying your qualifications always comes with significant advantages, especially if you are either in the transport field or looking to get into it. Obtaining your Heavy Rigid or HR licence will open up a world of opportunities and you can be assured, there is no feeling quite like it. Being behind the wheel of a truck, bus or any vehicle that is compliant with a HR licence is an amazing feeling, especially when you have just received your licence and have been able to land … [Read more...]

How to Pass Your HR Licence Test

Before you ask how to pass your HR licence test, it is important that you meet the eligibility requirements to even apply. An HR Licence is necessary to drive any vehicles classed as Heavy Rigid vehicles. These vehicles are trucks and buses with a gross vehicle mass of more than eight tonnes and can have three or more axels. These also include bendy buses, that are considered heavy vehicles even though they are also articulated. Under this licence, if you are towing any trailers, they cannot … [Read more...]

HR Licence Cost

Depending on where you are located and how much training you need, a HR Licence Cost can vary but there are certain costs that are guaranteed. In New South Wales, to get your learners permit for a HR licence costs $25, and your provisional licences cost $59 for P1 and $93 for P2. Once you have got your licence, the registration for a HR Licence costs depend on how long you decide to have it valid for. One year is $60, three years is $138, five years is $188, and ten years is $348. This is just … [Read more...]

What is an HR Licence?

What is an HR Licence? A HR licence, or Heavy Rigid licence, allows users to drive vehicles like trucks and buses that have a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) of more than eight tonnes and with three or more axles. It also allows people to drive articulated vehicles, for example buses and towed trailers that do not have more than nine tonnes of GVM. In order to attain this licence or start training to get this licence you need to have had a C-class licence or equivalent for two or more years and this … [Read more...]

Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA)

Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA) Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA), here is a list of the most important points about HVCBA. These points are explained in detail in your learner guide books or the RMS website as well. You can choose the Registered Training Organisation (RTO). You can choose to learn and be assessed in your own vehicle. You should keep your log book at all times until you have received your certificate of competency. You arrange … [Read more...]

HR Roadranger Truck Licence

HR Road Ranger Licence

HR Roadranger Truck Licence HR Roadranger Truck Licence is probable the toughest heavy vehicle licence upgrade you can do. At Core we specialise in the roadranger gearbox and its operations, this course is a minimum of 6 - 7 hrs to complete. The HR Roadranger Truck Licence upgrade involves completing up to 15 criterion's, the hardest criterion would be managing the gears. At Core Truck Driving School we conduct the HR Roadranger Truck Licence course 7 days a week and it usually starts at 6 am … [Read more...]

Going For The Heavy Load: An HR Truck Licence

If a small bus or truck is not what you’re aiming for and you’re looking further to heavier vehicles with higher Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM), then the Heavy Rigid or HR Truck Licence course is the way to go. An HR Truck Licence is specific about what you can drive much like a Medium Rigid (MR) and Light Rigid (LR) but it provides you with more versatility as to what you can drive; beyond that you would be aiming for a Multi-Combination (MC) Truck Licence. The HR licence enables you to druve … [Read more...]

LR, MR, HR, HC and MC Truck Licence

Get your LR, MR, HR, HC and MC Truck Licence with CORE https://www.coredrivingschool.com.au/courses/ LR, MR, HR, HC and MC Truck Licence with CORE Driving School at Wetherill Park. Core Truck Driving School is the most reputable heavy vehicle driving school in NSW. Nationally Accredited by ASQA and RMS to deliver heavy vehicle training and assessments for LR, MR, HR, HC and MC Truck Licences. Todays blog is about Imelda, Vinay and Abrhaem's truck licence upgrade. Imelda is an Ambulance … [Read more...]

The heavy vehicle driving training courses. 

Do I need a License for driving trucks? Getting the first license for your car is something you will not forget easily. The first time you took your car out and flashed it to your friends at school sticks in your memory for as long as you remember but the wait for getting into the minimum required age is not bearable. Once you reach the age group, you will probably rush to get licensed as soon as possible and might even end up failing the tests leaving you de-motivated forever trying again to … [Read more...]