Bus Driver Authority Licence, Applicant must:
- 1Be at least twenty (20) years of age; and
- 2Hold an unrestricted/unconditional driver licence issued in NSW; and
- 3Have held an unrestricted Australian driver licence for a total of at least twelve (12) months in the two (2) years immediately preceding the date of the application; and
- 4Have passed an examination or assessment, at a level determined by the Director-General, in medical fitness; and
Satisfy that he or she:
- May lawfully work in Australia; and
- Have knowledge of the Act and Regulations relating to the operation of a bus; and
- Is of good repute and in all other respects a fit and proper
- person to be the driver of the vehicle concerned (RMS will check to see whether an applicant has a criminal record); and
- Has sufficient responsibility to drive the vehicle concerned in accordance with law and custom
For the Bus Driver Authority Licence you will have to pass a medical, be subject to a police check, have your driving history reviewed and demonstrate that you can communicate in English. If you have an issue with any of the above you should lodge your application with Transport for NSW before booking your BDA course and paying for your training materials.
Once you have decided you meet the required criteria you must successfully complete an approved Bus Driver Authority training course and if successful, you will receive a “Proficiency” certificate. This certificate can be lodged after TfNSW undertakes the checks and advises you of the outcome.
At CORE Driving School we provide one-on-one training and assessment. The Bus Driver Authority course ensures that all students understand the fundementals of operating a public passenger vehice safely, You are required to qualify for a “Completion of Training” certificate. This is a completed in a one day classroom based course. For enquiries and course availability please call us –
After Completing the Bus Driver Authority Training Course
Applicant lodges the following documents with Transport for NSW or Roads and Maritime Services (RMS)
- Driver Authority Application Form, (completed and signed);
Medical Assessment Form (completed – following medical examination);
- Photocopy of applicant’s driving licence;
- Two recent colour photographs (65mmx65mm);
- Non-refundable cheque or money order payable to RMS;
- Proficiency Certificate supplied upon successful completion of the Bus Driver Authority training course
- Birth Certificate, Passport of Citizenship Certificate
Ministry of Transport processes the application and either:
a. Forwards the appropriate Driver Authority to the applicant; or
b. Advises the applicant that their application was unsuccessful.
You can book your course now using the Book Now button below.