MC Licence upgrade

MC Licence upgrade At Core Truck Driving School, we provide MC Licence upgrade on a daily basis. Our MC training and assessment involves completing 14 criterias, to deem all our students competent and it can be completed in just one day. The MC Licence upgrade in NSW is the highest class of heavy vehicle licence, it would allow you to operate 2 or more trailers also known as a road-train. The MC Licence upgrade would open more doors of opportunity as its in high demand. Core Truck Driving School … [Read more...]

Flexible Learning Options

In a world that never seems to slow down, flexible learning options are becoming an increasingly valued resource so if you are in the wider Sydney region and are looking to get your MR Licence (Medium Rigid) or HR Licence (Heavy Rigid), then there has never been a better time to go for it. Getting time off work in any profession can be hard, especially if you are a casual staff member and rely on those hours for income, which is why at Core Driving School we make sure that we cater to everybody … [Read more...]

What You Can Drive With An MR Licence

Having a range of skills is always important so when you gain your MR licence (Medium Rigid) it opens you up to a variety of different types of trucks that you will be able to drive. Australia is built off the back of the trucking industry, with so many opportunities for the right person available, by obtaining the right licences, you can open up your career options. What can you drive with a MR licence (Medium Rigid)? Flat-bed trailers, refrigerated trucks, tow trucks- these are just some of … [Read more...]

The Pros of Gaining Your HR Licence

Upskilling and diversifying your qualifications always comes with significant advantages, especially if you are either in the transport field or looking to get into it. Obtaining your Heavy Rigid or HR licence will open up a world of opportunities and you can be assured, there is no feeling quite like it. Being behind the wheel of a truck, bus or any vehicle that is compliant with a HR licence is an amazing feeling, especially when you have just received your licence and have been able to land … [Read more...]

How to Pass Your HR Licence Test

Before you ask how to pass your HR licence test, it is important that you meet the eligibility requirements to even apply. An HR Licence is necessary to drive any vehicles classed as Heavy Rigid vehicles. These vehicles are trucks and buses with a gross vehicle mass of more than eight tonnes and can have three or more axels. These also include bendy buses, that are considered heavy vehicles even though they are also articulated. Under this licence, if you are towing any trailers, they cannot … [Read more...]

How to Pass Your MR Licence Test

An MR licence, which is a Medium Rigid Vehicle licence, is necessary to drive medium rigid trucks and buses that have a gross vehicle mass of up to eight tonnes and have two axels. One of the conditions of a MR license as well, drivers must also only tow trailers weighing up nine tonnes. If your licence does not cover these vehicles, it is illegal to drive them and you can face serious consequences, especially in the state of New South Wales. That is why it is important that if you are a truck … [Read more...]

HR Licence Cost

Depending on where you are located and how much training you need, a HR Licence Cost can vary but there are certain costs that are guaranteed. In New South Wales, to get your learners permit for a HR licence costs $25, and your provisional licences cost $59 for P1 and $93 for P2. Once you have got your licence, the registration for a HR Licence costs depend on how long you decide to have it valid for. One year is $60, three years is $138, five years is $188, and ten years is $348. This is just … [Read more...]

What is an HR Licence?

What is an HR Licence? A HR licence, or Heavy Rigid licence, allows users to drive vehicles like trucks and buses that have a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) of more than eight tonnes and with three or more axles. It also allows people to drive articulated vehicles, for example buses and towed trailers that do not have more than nine tonnes of GVM. In order to attain this licence or start training to get this licence you need to have had a C-class licence or equivalent for two or more years and this … [Read more...]

MC/B-Double Licence

b double truck licence

[Read more...]

Tips On Being A Truck Driver

LR Truck Licence Sydney

There are a plethora of tips on truck driving effectively and safely after you have gained your heavy vehicle licence through Core Driving School. It is highly-important to follow the truck training and technical know-how of navigating the heavy vehicle as well as utilising your common sense in certain situations. Safety is of the utmost importance and you should be aware of this at all times. As the time goes on with your truck or bus driving experience, you will build up further skills to … [Read more...]