(LR) Light Rigid Truck Licence
Light Rigid licence applies to:
- Small trucks with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) up to 8 tonnes.
- Any towed trailer must not weigh more than 9 tonnes GVM
- Buses that seat more than 12 adults including the driver and a GVM up to 8 tonnes
Light Rigid Licence (LR Licence), courses are available if you:
- Have held a class C licence, (except a Learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more.
- Any time you’ve spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can’t practice to drive an LR vehicle, or upgrade to an LR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence
- Pass the LR knowledge test
- Pass an eyesight test
You can book your LR Licence course now using the Book Now button below.
We have been training people in getting their Light Rigid licence for several years, and recently updated out LR Bus that we use for running the course. Lately we have had several students applying for their Light Rigid Licence so that they can drive an ambulance! We have been thrilled to help out people getting in to this most trusted profession. Here are some of the stories from our blog.
The Light Rigid Licence course is run in two parts. Firstly with the trainer, and then with an assessor. Generally it is completed in just one day, although occasionally we ask students to spend a little more time on one or more particular skill in practice before their assessment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, ideally on the mobile 0449 822 673 or click here to book your LR Course.