Heavy Combination Licence
An Heavy Combination Licence, or HC Licence, covers you to drive trucks with a single trailer commonly called a Semi-Trailer. This includes prime movers, truck and dogs, pig trailers, floats and low loaders.
It is a logical step to obtain your HC Licence and get some experience with 1 trailer before moving on to your MC. Insurance companies and ethical employers prefer this. Plus, you are not put in a position of driving an MC vehicle without the required confidence and ability.
To apply for an HC Licence, you must
- Have held a MR or HR Licence open or P class for at least 12 months
- Complete the 3 steps below to be eligible for your HC licence with the RMS;
- Complete and pass the driver knowledge test with the RMS
- Pass the on road HC practical with Core Driving School
- Pass a competency assessment (test) with Core Driving School
- Ensure you have a medical certificate for the class of licence you are applying for, if you currently have a medical condition on your licence
If you currently hold an HR or HC Licence, you may also be eligible for your MC (Multi Combination) truck licence, if you have held your HR or HC licence for at least 12 months. An MC is a vehicle towing more than 1 trailer.
You can book your course now using the Book Now button below.